Author Topic: Platy mount experiment  (Read 1522 times)

shawnintland

Platy mount experiment
« on: August 27, 2008, 12:38:23 PM »
It's been pretty quiet in this topic board, so... I had some extra platycerium sporelings and had just cut down a few mai nong gong trees, so I decided to try some experimentation. It seems to have worked pretty well and was quite a quick process to do.

I'll let you know how it works out!

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
Re: Platy mount experiment
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 12:55:56 PM »
hehehe.. it looks nice. but I'm wondering,  ??? how did you make a hole on the wood? the hole for put small plant not for wire.
"เหตุเกิดจากไฟ เราเลือกได้ว่าจะเป็นไฟ หรือน้ำ ถ้าเลือกเป็นไฟ ก็เผาใจตนเองและผู้อื่น ถ้าเลือกเป็นน้ำ ก็นำความเย็นสบายมาสู่สองฝ่าย"
ดังตฤณ

shawnintland

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 02:51:57 PM »
Hi Wanna.

I used what we call a 'spade bit' for an electric drill. It has a sharp point in the center and then widens to whatever size you buy. If it's still not clear let me know and I will take and post a picture of it.

Shawn

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 07:55:47 PM »
I see. thanks, Shawn. My dad just told me he has this kind of the drill too.
"เหตุเกิดจากไฟ เราเลือกได้ว่าจะเป็นไฟ หรือน้ำ ถ้าเลือกเป็นไฟ ก็เผาใจตนเองและผู้อื่น ถ้าเลือกเป็นน้ำ ก็นำความเย็นสบายมาสู่สองฝ่าย"
ดังตฤณ

Apodagis

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 09:22:40 PM »
Shawn,

You are very innovative.  ;D It is very neat.  Do you tie them with monofilament fishing line?  :)

shawnintland

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2008, 07:37:40 AM »
 Thanks Apodagis! The holes are just big enough to plug the plantlet and a little sphagnum into, but then I have wrapped more sphagnum around the plant/log with fishing line so they won't dry out too quickly.