Author Topic: My Collection platy & lycopodium  (Read 17254 times)

sellanka

Re: My Collection platy & lycopodium
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2011, 02:31:56 PM »
Thank you so much, Sellaka  m178
You are welcome

matthew_platy

« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2011, 02:34:25 PM »
that is great.
how is the weather over there.
in singapore the weather is hot & warm.
& i have killed all my p. madagascarines.

i got most of my platycerium from wanna.
she has very good collection of platy both species & hybrid.
hI, what ARE THE HI BREEDS YOU HAVE THERE.

p. horns surprise, p. elemaria , p. mount kitshakood etc

Kookie

« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2011, 02:39:31 PM »
/019 I appreciated to see your platy and others, I think you have to spend a lot of time to take care them, otherwises your ferns aren't beautiful like this!!!! 1/35

Great!! from my sincere, mine are all small... my be you should be like this to see  m193 ha ha!!
thanks,why not i would like to see your collection, doesn't matter though your collection is small slowly you can increase your collection, that's how i have started, keep it up.

Here are my Platy!! There is a small size now... and others will show you later  /057 m168

matthew_platy

« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »
/019 I appreciated to see your platy and others, I think you have to spend a lot of time to take care them, otherwises your ferns aren't beautiful like this!!!! 1/35

Great!! from my sincere, mine are all small... my be you should be like this to see  m193 ha ha!!
thanks,why not i would like to see your collection, doesn't matter though your collection is small slowly you can increase your collection, that's how i have started, keep it up.

Here are my Platy!! There is a small size now... and others will show you later  /057 m168

they are looking good & healthy.

sellanka

« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2011, 08:19:10 PM »

Hey you have some nice plants, the coranerium why don't you hang some where in a higher place they need lots of ventilation, it grows high on trees, then it will do well

sellanka

« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 08:23:13 PM »
that is great.

Horns surprise& kitshakood are beutiful plants, are they doing well in your hot weather, if its too hot you can use a mist fan a for time to time.

lchsu

« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 09:21:25 PM »
that is great.

Horns surprise& kitshakood are beutiful plants, are they doing well in your hot weather, if its too hot you can use a mist fan a for time to time.

Both Horn's Surprise and Mt Kitshakood do really well in our hot weather - just take a look at the Mt Kitshakood thread!

Horn's Suprise also grows really well and pups all the time!  This is mine a few months ago...

sellanka

« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2011, 07:38:56 AM »
that is great.

Both Horn's Surprise and Mt Kitshakood do really well in our hot weather - just take a look at the Mt Kitshakood thread!

Horn's Suprise also grows really well and pups all the time!  This is mine a few months ago...

or its nice,can't you, hang that more higher place there will be a big change of the growth, just try and see, they need lots of air, and i can see you have some carnivore plants too, no pitchers?, what is the wall behind its so nice it has a very old look is it brick or something else.

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2011, 11:31:44 AM »
I like Ichsu's wall too.  m177 m177
"เหตุเกิดจากไฟ เราเลือกได้ว่าจะเป็นไฟ หรือน้ำ ถ้าเลือกเป็นไฟ ก็เผาใจตนเองและผู้อื่น ถ้าเลือกเป็นน้ำ ก็นำความเย็นสบายมาสู่สองฝ่าย"
ดังตฤณ

lchsu

« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2011, 09:01:53 PM »
that is great.

or its nice,can't you, hang that more higher place there will be a big change of the growth, just try and see, they need lots of air, and i can see you have some carnivore plants too, no pitchers?, what is the wall behind its so nice it has a very old look is it brick or something else.

Actually the plant was taken down just for the photograph.  It is usually in a higher spot but recently with the hot weather, it's not as nice as now - still growing and pupping but the leaves are more yellowish due to the strong direct sunlight it receives.

That pitcher is a neglected plant...possibly xcoccina.  It's location is full sun so it gets very stressed.  I have many many other nepenthes - you can see some of them in my flickr photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/30170308@N07/sets/72157608591426305/

The wall is made up of laterite bricks - mined from some mountain in Mongolia.  I like it for it's rustic look......also easy to maintain as you don't have to paint it - it just looks better in it's natural state! 8)

sellanka

« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2011, 01:47:08 PM »
that is great.

Actually the plant was taken down just for the photograph.  It is usually in a higher spot but recently with the hot weather, it's not as nice as now - still growing and pupping but the leaves are more yellowish due to the strong direct sunlight it receives.

That pitcher is a neglected plant...possibly xcoccina.  It's location is full sun so it gets very stressed.  I have many many other nepenthes - you can see some of them in my flickr photostream http://www.flickr.com/photos/30170308@N07/sets/72157608591426305/

The wall is made up of laterite bricks - mined from some mountain in Mongolia.  I like it for it's rustic look......also easy to maintain as you don't have to paint it - it just looks better in it's natural state! 8)
wow you have a good collection of nepanthus what is the media you use, recently i had a Venus &  fly trap & a sarasenia both died after two weeks, i have re poted it with coconut fiber dust is it the resent for that, for nepanthus i use coconut fiber dust, they are doing well.

lchsu

« Reply #41 on: February 27, 2011, 11:45:56 PM »
Sellanka,

I don't know about VFT and sarracenia but I think they need a wetter environment?? I believe most of the growers here use sphagnum or a sphagnum/peat moss/perlite mix. 

For my neps, mostly I use coco chips plus perlite and now I am also including some pumice stone.  Sometimes I also add charcoal and pine bark, depending on what I'm experimenting with :)  For certain species, I will also use a burnt clay known locally as "burnt earth", and usually only the made in Indonesia kind, which is the best.

sellanka

« Reply #42 on: February 28, 2011, 11:47:54 PM »
Sellanka,

I don't know about VFT and sarracenia but I think they need a wetter environment?? I believe most of the growers here use sphagnum or a sphagnum/peat moss/perlite mix. 

For my neps, mostly I use coco chips plus perlite and now I am also including some pumice stone.  Sometimes I also add charcoal and pine bark, depending on what I'm experimenting with :)  For certain species, I will also use a burnt clay known locally as "burnt earth", and usually only the made in Indonesia kind, which is the best.
Hi, Ichsu, Thanks for the advice

japetus

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2011, 12:43:58 AM »
wow you have a good collection of nepanthus what is the media you use, recently i had a Venus &  fly trap & a sarasenia both died after two weeks, i have re poted it with coconut fiber dust is it the resent for that, for nepanthus i use coconut fiber dust, they are doing well.

Sellanka,
 for the other carnivorous plants you describe, follow the usual CP advice, plain peat and perlite mix, always waterlogged, no additives, no fertilizers, only rainwater (or deionised, distilled, reverse osmosed).
 Dionaeas and Sarracenias are not tropical plants as the Nepenthes, and would like to have some cold weather in winter to get dormant.

sellanka

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2011, 06:01:15 PM »

Sellanka,
 for the other carnivorous plants you describe, follow the usual CP advice, plain peat and perlite mix, always waterlogged, no additives, no fertilizers, only rainwater (or deionised, distilled, reverse osmosed).
 Dionaeas and Sarracenias are not tropical plants as the Nepenthes, and would like to have some cold weather in winter to get dormant.
Thanks for your kind advices