Author Topic: My Collection platy & lycopodium  (Read 26531 times)

sellanka

Re: My Collection platy & lycopodium
« Reply #45 on: March 07, 2011, 11:59:01 AM »
Hi, wanna,
Here I am sending you some close up shots of my lycopodium, ROPPY, and there is another picture of lycopodium, which cannot find the name , also the platycerium
in the picture,can you tell me is it wande,or grande,

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #46 on: March 07, 2011, 12:13:37 PM »
Platycerium in the photo is P. wandae
Thank you for Huperzia photo too. m204
"เหตุเกิดจากไฟ เราเลือกได้ว่าจะเป็นไฟ หรือน้ำ ถ้าเลือกเป็นไฟ ก็เผาใจตนเองและผู้อื่น ถ้าเลือกเป็นน้ำ ก็นำความเย็นสบายมาสู่สองฝ่าย"
ดังตฤณ

sellanka

« Reply #47 on: March 07, 2011, 01:45:52 PM »
ok, you are well come,
can you tell me how to identify grande, from holtumine and wande, is it the spore patch,all three have  frill at the center
is it

sellanka

« Reply #48 on: April 13, 2011, 06:57:11 AM »
Hi, wanna, after long time, how are you, i was out of the country for some time,now it's been holiday's in srilanka,our new year day will be tommorrow,all singhalese buddist celebrate this day as new year for the last 2500 years, so till 20th of this month it's been holiday's.
i have received some new plants from uganda, one is encephalatos whitelokiie,a small tree fern and a very small p.elephantsosis, i wonder it survived, it's so small and damaged,later i will post some photos on those.by the way what is your shops web site if you don't mind please send it to me.

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #49 on: April 13, 2011, 09:06:38 AM »
ok, you are well come,
can you tell me how to identify grande, from holtumine and wande, is it the spore patch,all three have  frill at the center
is it
P. holtumii differs from P. grande by fertile fronds, there is only one spore patch a fertile frond but P. grande have 2 patches of spores a fertile frond. when they are still young they are hard to tell I notice their hairs and color of bud.
"เหตุเกิดจากไฟ เราเลือกได้ว่าจะเป็นไฟ หรือน้ำ ถ้าเลือกเป็นไฟ ก็เผาใจตนเองและผู้อื่น ถ้าเลือกเป็นน้ำ ก็นำความเย็นสบายมาสู่สองฝ่าย"
ดังตฤณ

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #50 on: April 13, 2011, 09:09:28 AM »
Hi, wanna, after long time, how are you, i was out of the country for some time,now it's been holiday's in srilanka,our new year day will be tommorrow,all singhalese buddist celebrate this day as new year for the last 2500 years, so till 20th of this month it's been holiday's.
i have received some new plants from uganda, one is encephalatos whitelokiie,a small tree fern and a very small p.elephantsosis, i wonder it survived, it's so small and damaged,later i will post some photos on those.by the way what is your shops web site if you don't mind please send it to me.

Hi Sellaka, it is long time no see you na, today is a new year for Thai and Somgkran festival either. we use the same, moon calendar. I've just known this.  m204
I'd liekt to see your new ferns. post here na.
ดังตฤณ

sellanka

« Reply #51 on: May 02, 2011, 05:46:04 PM »
Hi, wanna, recently i have visited a very good friend of mine also he is my Guru of platycerium,who is one of the pioneers of platyceriums, who had done a great service to cultivate platyceriums in srilanks, he is MR.jayaratne, as a tribute to him am posting you some of the collection he has....
and some more to come in future...........haha....not only platyceriums he has some rare ochids,lycopodiums,nepanthus,venus fly trapsetc.

lchsu

« Reply #52 on: May 02, 2011, 09:44:51 PM »
Hi, wanna, recently i have visited a very good friend of mine also he is my Guru of platycerium,who is one of the pioneers of platyceriums, who had done a great service to cultivate platyceriums in srilanks, he is MR.jayaratne, as a tribute to him am posting you some of the collection he has....
and some more to come in future...........haha....not only platyceriums he has some rare ochids,lycopodiums,nepanthus,venus fly trapsetc.
Wow! Some really nice mature platys! /0135

sellanka

« Reply #53 on: May 02, 2011, 10:07:19 PM »
Wow! Some really nice mature platys! /0135
Yes he has some beautiful matured plants, and they are well looked after.also he is any time ready share his experience with the youngsters.

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #54 on: May 04, 2011, 09:48:07 AM »
Thank you so much! Sellaka. I wanna see them closer. they are all huge platy. m193
ดังตฤณ

sellanka

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2011, 09:30:45 AM »
Thank you so much! Sellaka. I wanna see them closer. they are all huge platy. m193
you are welcome wanna, yes i know the camera i used is not goods all i took my phone camera, i will take some closed ups and send it to you, some of them are over 15 years old.

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2011, 10:08:59 PM »
you are welcome wanna, yes i know the camera i used is not goods all i took my phone camera, i will take some closed ups and send it to you, some of them are over 15 years old.
thank you so much m204
ดังตฤณ

sellanka

« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2011, 09:10:17 AM »
thank you so much m204
Hi, wanna, tomorrow- full moon day, will be a special day for all Buddhist around the world,we in srilanka, celebrate 2600 years of lord Buddha's Enlightenment,there will be lot's of blood donation,food,dry rations donation camps, for poor around the island,we save a she-cattle from slaughter house and handed over to our temple,monks will be looked after him till he dies.hope in Thailand too will have same kind celebrations,for this fool moon day.Now in Srilanka till next Monday all Liquor,meat,fish stall will be closed.

wanna

• Administrator
  • มารเหม่งอุ๊
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2011, 10:33:01 PM »
Hi Sellaka,
in Thailand, buddhist also do the same things as Srilanka. we will go to temple tomorrow to make merit and in the evening go to walk with lighted candles in hand around a temple. do you do like this?
ดังตฤณ

sellanka

« Reply #59 on: May 17, 2011, 07:22:54 AM »
Hi Sellaka,
in Thailand, buddhist also do the same things as Srilanka. we will go to temple tomorrow to make merit and in the evening go to walk with lighted candles in hand around a temple. do you do like this?
yes we too do the same here,also we help poor and handicap people.so now today and tomorrow it will be holiday's here.