Author Topic: Greetings All  (Read 4547 times)

bobbylim

Re: Greetings All
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2011, 03:51:24 PM »
Nice pups Bobby.....I'm sure they're loving the weather over there much more than the heat we are having here at the moment!  m160

Hi Lchsu

Yes the dogs seem to love it here esp during the cooler months but sometime the weather could be quite unforgiving and it is
kind of pitiful to see the dogs esp the first one with the thick coat of fur huffing and puffing awaywith their tongues sticking out.

Oh yes !! Heard that you are a vet, perhaps you can enlighten me why my dog in the second picture is underweight, while the other one is way
overweight.  Both fed with the same amount of food.  We have checked with the vet here - parasites is not the cause.  Btw any real cause to worry if
the dog is either under or over weight??

Many thanks.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:08:27 AM by bobbylim »

bobbylim

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »
Hi Roy

Your Schnauzer seems too happy to be photographed.  I could never get my two Shih Tzus to do that pose for me.  Perhpas I am a lousy
photographer!!! Haha

In my case - Marriage Visa - I am required to maintain a minimum amount of THB 400,000 (S$17,000) in the bank at least three months prior to
application/renewal of visa.  Visa required to be renewed annually - cost THB 1,900

But you need not marry a Thai to stay here.  Lots of other category of visas available.

This site is helpful :  www.siam-legal.com

Let me know if you need anything else.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 12:07:18 AM by bobbylim »

lchsu

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 08:08:03 PM »
Hi Bobby,

Can't really tell from your pics if they are overweight/underweight.  For Shih Tzu with a good coat it can also sometimes be difficult to say by looking at them - you really have to feel them.  Well, as long as one is not grossly obese and the other not emaciated, then they should be OK.

Why are they different like that even with the same amount of food?  Well.....it's kind of like why Roy and I are putting on the pounds whereas Edwin is skinny as a stick even when he eats more that the 2 of us combined!  :)  Maybe just genetics and metabolism.....

Anyway as long as the are active, eating well and otherwise normal, just KIV and don't let the fatter one get fatter!

Interesting options to stay in Thailand...I know that there was one scheme where you had to invest a certain amount (US$200,00??? - I forget) for a retirement visa or something - one of Thaksin's schemes I believe. Is that still on?  As for Roy....he's actually thinking hard about something similar to yours... :-X

Haven't been up to Chiang Mai in many many years.....maybe it's about time to visit - I understand there will be a large garden show from the end of the year to Feb next year.....

bobbylim

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2011, 02:56:41 PM »
Hi Lchsu

Many thanks for your insightful info.  Using real life analogy of the Three Amigos (believe this is what you guys call yourselves right?  - hehe) drives the message home.  Ariba ariba !!!!!!!  Had the impression that dogs of the same breed will more or less have the same body metabolism.  Everytime when the dogs go for the jabs, the vet will advise that we cut down food for the fatty one (she is close to 10 kgs).  We tried that a couple of time but then she will "cry" in the middle of the night and it is really heartbreaking hearing that pitiful sound the dog makes.

Believe you are referring to the Thailand Elite Card - don't think there are many takers now.  We have lots of retirees here esp Japanese - even the hospital and supermarkets will have Japanese speaking personnel to cater specially to them.

Looks like you are well informed.  Yes Chiangmai will be  hosting Thailand's largest garden show from Nov 9 till Feb 15.  And if any of you decide to come, will be be than happy to play host.

Cheers
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 03:13:29 PM by bobbylim »